Sharp Imaging made the new MX-C301W desktop color MFP available to business consumers this week. The new color multifunction device is very compact, measuring just 17″ wide by 22.5″ deep (it stands 18.5″ tall.) With this mix of capabilities and size, this is the perfect multifunction printer for offices looking for a nice workhorse product to take care of a smaller workgroup area (like a small accounting or sales office). The Sharp MX-C301W Color MFP handles copies, printing, scanning and fax—but it’s also wireless with built-in support for any machines that aren’t hardwired to the network. Adobe PostScript 3 is also included and the interface uses a 7” diagonal color touch-screen LCD display.
The 600MHz CPU and 3GB of shared copy/print memory gives this MFP the ability to handle multiple functions at one time, and a 30 ppm print engine makes it even more impressive. There is also built-in support for Sharp’s OSA platform which simplifies integrating the device with various partner network applications and even Sharp’s own Cloud Portal Office (a document storage and sharing service). Smartphones and tablets can print and even scan to the Sharp MX-C301W using the free Sharpdesk Mobile app.
“More and more small businesses and workgroups are asking for high quality document capabilities that have the flexibility to connect with the latest technologies. The MX-C301W helps address this need with a desktop solution that not only provides business quality output, but is loaded with standard features, such as wireless connectivity, a touch-screen control panel and robust security protocols.”
– Mike Marusic, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Operations, SIICA
- Function: Up to legal-size color copy, print, scanning and fax.
- Print Speed: 30 ppm B&W and color
- Scan Speed: 37 ppm
- Resolution: 600 dpi
- Interface: 7″ high-resolution touch-screen
- Networking: 10/100 Ethernet and 802.11b/g/n Wireless networking
- PCL 6, Adobe PostScript 3 compatible
- Security: Extended SSL support, data encryption and data overwrite protection, End-of-Lease drive erase
- ImageSEND scan to email, network folders and USB devices
- Sharpdesk Mobile app
- Standard Super G3 fax with intelligent inbound routing
- Sharp OSA development platform support
- 250 GB hard drive
- Paper capacity: 300-sheet tray, optional 500-sheet high capacity cassette
- Remote front panel feature for IP control
The Sharp MX-C301W color MFP comes with SSL (Security Sockets Layer) encryption, confidential printing, secure fax and advanced encryption standard (AES) 256-bit encryption. For additional hard drive security, the Sharp MX-C301W can also erase the temporary memory on its hard drive by overwriting encrypted data up to seven times. If the unit is leased, an end-of-lease feature will even overwrite all data on the drive completely.
The Sharp MX-C301W desktop color MFP is already available for purchase or lease and should have a street price under $2,000.
For more information about the Sharp MX-C301W desktop color MFP click here.