Epson recently announced the expansion of their portfolio of workgroup printers with the new WorkForce 8000-Series soon being available for purchase; starting sales through their Epson ImageWaySM Partner Progran and authorized commercial channel resellers this January, 2015. The series is a compliment to any small-to-medium (SMB) sized business, while also being an integral part to a larger business’ repertoire of MFPs.
“Business decision-makers and their solutions providers are moving A3 printing closer to the knowledge workers who print a high volume of color pages,” said Larry Trevarthen, director, Business Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “This move not only minimizes workflow disruption, but with the new WorkForce Pro 8000-Series, it can also optimize the costs of color printing.”
The WorkForce Pro 8000-Series is the newest in a host of workgroup printers aimed at SMB’s. The series features black and color print speeds up to 24ppm, and a duty cycle of up to 75,000 pages. They feature media handling to print up to 13”x19” with ultra-high yield cartridges to print or copy up to 7,000 color pages. Paper capacity is up to 1,830 sheets with the addition of optional paper trays which means you don’t have to spend your time feeding paper to the machine. Just load and go.
Additional Features include:
- Drivers & utilities – universal printer driver; PCL* and PostScript® 3 support.
- Security features: PIN number certification for job release; user control access, printer and network settings via Web configuration with printer’s IP address, SSL/TLS security, IPSec.
- Efficiency – automatic duplexing plus auto media size detection; WorkForce Pro WF-8590 adds auto two-sided copying, faxing and scanning, including Scan to Cloud5, scan to email and Epson Document Capture Pro software.
- Built-in connectivity – includes Ethernet, USB, wireless b/g/n6 and Wi-Fi Direct®6; easily print from tablets and smartphones7, including remote printing and access to Cloud.
- Enabled for remote printer data collection – Compatible with MPS software solutions from PrintFleet®, ECi (FMAudit®) and others.
You can see more about the Epson Workforce 8000-Series and other similar series printers on their website at www.epson.com.